Hello! A blessed and refreshing day to you my dearly beloved! I welcome you to ARISE devotional for today Friday the 9th of December 2022 on the platform of the Builders Forum. My name is Abraham Olufemi Ojeme.
Today is the fifth day on our devotional series for this week with the topic,
THE DANGERS OF INEPTITUDE IN THE LIFE OF A BELIEVER
Please listen to the summary of our adventure since the beginning of the week.
- Remember that God has expectations of you. You therefore cannot live your life anyhow.
- Yes, He has expectations of you because of the investment of the sacrifice of Calvary on you.
- When you refuse to operate to the optimum of the level God has for you as a believer, it is seen as dereliction of responsibilities.
- And such behaviour for a child of Zion is ineptitude and it frustrates the grace that is upon your life.
- God will not take it lightly because it will be counted against you.
- We therefore began to look at what to do in other to avoid ineptitude.
- We have looked at readiness to learn and the need to enlarge the capacity of your mind.
In deliberating on readiness to learn and enlarging the capacity of the mind, we looked at the relevance of the Holy Spirit.
Talking about the Holy Spirit, listen to what Jesus said in Jn. 16:12-13 and please permit me to read the CEV translation.
12 I have much more to say to you, but right now it would be more than you could understand.
13 The Spirit shows what is true and will come and guide you into the full truth. The Spirit doesn’t speak on his own. He will tell you only what he has heard from me, and he will let you know what is going to happen.
We pointed out two responsibilities of the Holy Spirit here.
- He grants access to knowledge; both spiritual and existential knowledge.
- He grants discernment as to the right kind of knowledge allowed into your mind.
These two factors are very necessary because of the corrupting and polluting ministry of the devil.
Please endeavor to listen again and again to the earlier editions of the week.
Yesterday, I promised that today, we shall look at one of the processes for enlarging the capacity of the mind and that is MEDITATION.
I define meditation as;
Scriptural rationalization to the point of conviction
That is what the scripture says in Rom. 4:20-21 about Abraham.
20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
How come Abraham didn’t stagger concerning the word of God to him all through those many years before the word came to pass?
He rationalized the word to the point of persuasion.
This is what scriptural meditation is about.
Listen to the instruction of the scripture in Josh. 1:8.
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
The word meditate is hâgâh in Hebrew and it means to to imagine with attention to the implications.
This is my take; scriptural meditation must bring you to the point of action because you are persuaded of the implications of the word.
After effective meditation, your mind will not have any problem imbibing the word and taking appropriate step of action.
That was what happened to the prodigal son in Lk. 15:17-20.
17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
That is the amazing thing about scriptural meditation. It moves you to the point of action.
That is why it works effectively against ineptitude.
The good thing about meditation is that, it doesn’t have to be just the word only you meditate on.
You can reflect on your previous actions and come to conclusions on the implications.
It will help you to make better judgement on your actions so you don’t continue to make the same error over and over again.
That was what happened to the prodigal son. He never needed any scripture but he meditated on his actions and he came to a decision.
Take time to reflect on your attitude to the word and the implications in your life.
You will discover you will come up with better decisions.
I guess that will be a perfect way to spend this weekend.
Do some reflections on how things have been since the beginning of the year and see those things you would have done differently.
It will help you to build a good template, not just for the remaining period of this year, but also for the year 2023. Hallelujah!
Please let me me pray for you.
- I take authority over all distractions of the enemy in your life at this period of the year.
- By the help of the Holy Spirit, be focused for all round fulfillment.
- Receive the spirit of wisdom and discretion for appropriate decisions.
- The Lord will take you from presumption to precision.
- Receive the grace of God for you to stay your mind on the Lord.
- I pray for you for strength to hold on to God in spite of the pressures on you.
- The Lord will amaze you this weekend with His intervention in your matter.
- You have come this far this year, you will not fail nor be dismayed.
- The Lord will arise for you and all your enemies will be scattered.
Welcome to your season of divine interventions. Congratulations. Amen and amen.